The health of women after childbirth is extremely sensitive. So avoiding healthcare-associated infections during childbirth is a very important thing you should know.
Everyone’s health is something everyone cares about. Women after childbirth with thousands of dangers are even more concerned. However, not everyone knows how to properly care for women after giving birth to prevent infection. Join us to find out.
What are healthcare-associated infections?
During treatment and postnatal care in hospitals or health facilities, patients may have healthcare-associated infections (referred to as HAI). Current health care has many types of modern equipment and many ways to help patients recover quickly. It is also because medical devices are used so much that infections can occur, for example, using ventilators, surgical writing.
Factors that cause healthcare-associated infections
In the course of health care, many types of exogenous microorganisms have the opportunity to interact with parents, from medical staff, other patients or visitors. The most common sources of HAI disease are contaminated drugs, unsafe hospital environment, contaminated patient care equipment, and unhygienic beds,… these factors can be overcome.
The most popular healthcare-associated infections types today
- Incision infection
- Urinary tract infection caused by Catheter
- Problems related to breathing machines
- Especially, the infection of the surgical wound after the birth of a woman is quite serious and greatly affects the mother
Why are healthcare-associated infections serious?
It can be said that infection affects greatly the health of patients, regardless of the type of infection. Statistics show that patients die from infections up to 5%. It proves that the care in hospitals and health facilities has not been guaranteed to be safe for patients. After birth, women need special care. Because an infected mother will even affect her reproductive health later.
The cost of treating healthcare-associated infections
In one day, 1 out of 25 patients has a healthcare-associated infection. The cost of treatment is not inferior to other diseases. According to statistics of major hospitals with significant numbers.
How to prevent healthcare-associated infections?
To minimize HAI disease, start from small to big things:
- After surgery, the would-be clean and properly cleaned
- The patient’s bed is regularly cleaned and laundered to prevent the maximum of bacteria that can enter the patient’s body
- The medical equipment is safe before contact with the patient’s body, which is the most common cause of disease today
- Hospitals and medical facilities must be strictly inspected by the Ministry of Health
- The patient’s health is always the most important issue. Limit patients to get additional healthcare-associated infections while treating their illness.
After reading our article we hope you have a better understanding of HAI and how to avoiding healthcare-associated infections during childbirth. If you have a disease, find out the cause of the disease so that the most accurate treatment to cure it quickly. Hope you will be in good health. Wish you a good day!