When Halloween is coming, there are a lot of people preparing for funny and humorous activities such as craving scary pumpkins, trick or treating and… haunted house decoration. However, other experts wonder that during pregnancy, visiting a haunted house is safe for Moms?
Haunted houses are unsafe in reality?
The key answer bases on YOU and YOURSELF, and if YOU feel satisfied to visit haunted houses. It is the fact that there are several risks to visit a haunted house, just as many risks can happen with many bad things in pregnancy, but there are different haunted houses.
That’s why you need to decide depending on the kind of haunted house and your understanding of your body status.
It is considered an awful situation that increased adrenaline and rapid blood pressure for the babies, but only when they turn into dangerous in case of increasing for extended periods.
Therefore it is recommended that pregnant women shouldn’t go to haunted houses for a long time. More serious risks are relating to get bumped, pushed over or knocked while inside.
Important notices of visiting haunted houses
If you decide on going to a haunted house, there are some precautions and notices to keep in mind.
- Many doctors state that you shouldn’t go or approach these scary houses if you are simply worried or struggle from tension, heart issues or high and rapid blood pressure. Unexpected issues that are minor or even super small elements outside pregnancy can harm your fetus at the time you are pregnant.
- You shouldn’t visit if you are in the prediction of preterm labor, are on resting bedtime or have a quite high-risk pregnancy, without calling or informing your doctor.
- You should have some available information about the scary level and the size/ scales of the house. Some are smaller (mini-scale) and less interactive (not having many violent actions or thrilling sounds), in contrast, others may get a larger range of special effects.
- You should check the place before deciding to take part in several activities in the haunted house to make sure that pregnant women are allowed. Various haunted houses don’t let women visit and attend after a certain gestation, from 7 to 8 months.
- Mothers should go to a trustworthy haunted house; which ones have opening public liability insurance, disability preparation and are worried and noticed that their patrons have a scary short journey as well as safe visit.
- Pregnant women should go with one other person, at least. When there is more than 1 relative near the moms, it can reduce the risk of being bumped or jostled in the dark areas inside of the house.
- If you are so passionate to go to these scary houses, you should keep yourself at the back of the team/ group to avoid being threatened and jostled.
Haunted houses are not too different from an amusement park, which is not suggested during pregnancy. Around the first weeks of pregnancy, it is highly recommended to take caution and to be super careful in all your actions to assure that you don’t create any risk/harm to your babies.